Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Urban Outfitters Wants You To Eat Less...Or Not...


I recently came across this while checking my email. The t-shirt's description reads "Eat less or more or however much you like...ect." I find that strange seeing as the shirt itself reads "Eat Less". Hm...Contradictory much? Critics have called the shirt "poignant" and "witty". Well, if that's the case I'm just going to have to mass produce "Eat More" shirts and then perhaps I'll be labled a fashion genius. In all seriousness though, what message is this sending? I know that obesity is a growing problem, but to promote eating less? I'd say that's going too far. Besides, eating less is not exactly a safe or fool-proof way of losing way. Exercise and a healthy diet are much more likely to help then for you to just stave off meals. In fact, studies show that those who eat three meals a day are more likely to lose weight. It's all due to metabolism and other medical terms that I really don't feel like diving into right now. Oh, by the way, I weigh 135 pounds and I'm 5'7". I don't eat three meals a day. The amount I eat varies from day to day. Sometimes I'm not hungry so I'll eat once. Other times I'll eat three meals. I never eat breakfast though. I walk a lot, but that's the extent of my exercise. (Disclaimer: I am not a doctor if that wasn't obvious, and I'm not telling you how to live your life. Please don't follow anything I've said above...Except maybe the diet and exercise thing. Talk to a doctor first.)



Now, that I've gone off on a random tangent....Back to Urban Outfitters.






Here's another one of their shirts. I'm a bit confused here...Are they serious? I get a strange, incestual vibe from this for some reason. I also find it strange that this is a man's shirt. Or that anyone would wear it.




Um...your shirt and apparant lack of imagination. I would also like to know where the question mark disappeared to? Has it gone to a local library to check the definition of "dicknose"?



I just think some of these things are pushing the level on "tasteful" items. When you're truly fashionable people don't look at you because your shirt has words on it. They look at you, because you rock and you don't need a cheap graphic tee to tell people that. These shirts just scream for attention. That's of the main things that annoys me here. I think I'm done ranting now. I'm going to stop before I drive myself crazy.



Too late.


Alive In My Own Perfect World,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment