Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Halismi - Etsy Feature

I know how depressed you all are that I have waited sooo late to post:D Yesterday was my first day of college. Whoopee. We were released early and my dad got pissed off because he had to pick me up after dropping me off. So, he let my sister and I sit out in the heat for an hour. I got sick from said heat and slept all day. Now I'm ready for my feature and am fighting a major migraine!

Today's feature is Halismi! Her real name is Sasa and she lives in Athens, Greece! That is awesome! She is an amazing sculpter and I am extremely jealous of her mad skillage. She needs some Harry Potter items in her shop methinks. Down with the Sparkly Vampires! ;D Oh yeah, she gives out FREE handmade pendants with most purchases from her shop.


I have to say, this is probably my favourite piece of hers. Looks how life-like Absolem is! He looks so very like Alan Rickman...except far smaller and blue...and he's a caterpillar...But all those things aside, I love how this sculpture depicts him. I can hear him saying "You're not Absolem, I'm Absolem. Stupid Girl." I've never seen a sculpture have so much life!


Sasa also does paintings! Look at how neat this is. According to her she uses Tempera paint and this is done in the "Polyptych" style which now seeing it I am rather fond of. Especially with the name of the piece "Pieces of Dream". It does give off that vibe that you are seeing pieces of a dream, doesn't it?


Well, these are just exceptionally cute! They are plant markers and are OOAK! (one of a kind). How cute is the "I need water" one? Aww! I may squee any second now. Adorable! Add some character to your garden!

The only things I know about World of Warcraft are that you need DOTS, more dots, that whelps can spawn, you need to reset agro, and you have to watch the tail swipe. I have no clue what any of that means. Anyway, this sculpture really catches my eye! It's pretty darn amazing, isn't it?

On to the groundbreaking questions. Sasa, you know what I'm talking about;D


ASHLEY: How long have you been a sculptor?


SASA: I've been sculpting for just about 4-5 months.


(Seriously?! Wow...You go girl!)
 
ASHLEY: If you could do anything in your lifetime, no matter how impossible, what would it be?

SASA: I would really like to discover an Everything Theory.
No, I would like someone else to discover it and then prove him wrong (muahaha)

(Hahaha!! So evil! I like it;D)
 
ASHLEY: What inspires you the most?

SASA: The truth is...I have no idea! I am enjoying it so much when I am sculpting or painting, that I forget to eat, to sleep, etc. I just love it, and I am always in the mood for it, so, I don't know, really!


ASHLEY: John or Kate Gosselin?

SASA: I have no idea who these guys are- my Google search says they are American TV personalities- so since I am not American, I hope I'll get excused :)


(Hahaha! Lucky you:D I wish I could say that. You get credit for having the best answer to this question.)

TO SEE MORE FROM SASA YOU CAN VISIT HER SHOP AT HALSIMI!

In My Own Perfect World,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment